EuroGOOS plays a leading role promoting and supporting coordination of the marine observations at the regional, pan-European, and global levels. To this end, EuroGOOS is involved in strategically important EU projects and tenders, enhansing synergy across the communities, working closely with key stakeholder initiatives and networks as well as European policy and decision-makers. This work is a critical contribution to building a sustained and integrated European Ocean Observing System (EOOS) and, coupled with the EuroGOOS roles within global iniatives (GOOS, GEO, JCOMM and others), helps promoting European leadership globally.
Recent EuroGOOS project deliverables are available here.
Discover the initiatives and projects where EuroGOOS is partner and what role we play.
- DOORS – Developing Optimal and Open Research Support for the Black Sea
- JERICO-DS – Joint European Research Infrastructure of Coastal Observatories -Design Study
- JERICO-S3 – Marine coastal observatories, facilities, expertise and data for Europe
- EuroSea -Improving and Integrating European Ocean Observing and Forecasting Systems for Sustainable use of the Oceans
- INTAROS – Integrated Arctic Observation System
- Copernicus In Situ Coordination – Towards improved sustainability, availability and integration of the in situ data in the Copernicus Marine, Atmosphere and Climate Services
- FORCOAST – Earth Observation Services for Fishery, Bivalves Mariculture and Oysterground Restoration along European Coasts
- Copernicus projects supporting the EU’s services based on satellite Earth Observation and in situ data
- AtlantOS – Optimising and Enhancing the Integrated Atlantic Ocean Observing Systems
- JERICO-Next – towards a joint European Research Infrastructure network for coastal observatories
- ENVRI Plus – Environmental Research Infrastructures providing shared solutions for Science and Society
- EMODnet – European Marine Observation and Data Network
- SeaDataNet – pan-European infrastructure for ocean and marine data management
- COLUMBUS – Knowledge transfer for Blue Growth