EuroGOOS plays a leading role promoting and supporting coordination of the marine observations at the regional, pan-European, and global levels. To this end, EuroGOOS is involved in strategically important EU projects and tenders, enhansing synergy across the communities, working closely with key stakeholder initiatives and networks as well as European policy and decision-makers. This work is a critical contribution to building a sustained and integrated European Ocean Observing System (EOOS) and, coupled with the EuroGOOS roles within global iniatives (GOOS, GEO, JCOMM and others), helps promoting European leadership globally.
Recent EuroGOOS project deliverables are available here.
Discover the initiatives and projects where EuroGOOS is partner and what role we play:
- Copernicus – flagship European Union Programme developing European information services based on satellite Earth Observation and in situ data
- EMODnet – European Marine Observation and Data Network
- SeaDataNet – pan-European infrastructure for ocean and marine data management
- INTAROS – Integrated Arctic Observation System
- AtlantOS – Optimising and Enhancing the Integrated Atlantic Ocean Observing Systems
- JERICO-Next – towards a joint European Research Infrastructure network for coastal observatories
- ENVRI Plus – Environmental Research Infrastructures providing shared solutions for Science and Society
- COLUMBUS – Knowledge transfer for Blue Growth