EuroGOOS Technology Plan working group is building a functioning technology-relevant interface within the EuroGOOS framework.
- Optimize collaboration and integration on technology and technical issues across the many observing system elements and communities at the European level, with an eye towards the future European Ocean Observing System (EOOS);
- Align observing elements with Essential Ocean Variable (EOV) requirements;
- Improve readiness levels for observed variables;
- Articulate and document best practices;
- Link with other international initiatives on similar topics.
The working group is engaged with relevant activities, among others, the AtlantOS project and the IOC/IODE/JCOMM Ocean Best Practices working group.
List of Members
- Rajesh Nair, National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics (OGS), Italy
- Laurent Delauney, French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea (Ifremer), France
- Stefania Sparnocchia, ISMAR-CNR, Italy
- Henning Wehde, Institute of Marine Research (IMR), Norway
- Urmas Lips, Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech), Estonia
- Vicente Fernández, European Global Ocean Observing System (EuroGOOS), Belgium – supporting the working group