The EuroGOOS Science Advisory Working Group (SAWG) works to provide information and guidance on research priorities at National, regional, and pan-European levels. It helps translate these priorities into possible actions to be performed by EuroGOOS members, ROOS, Task Teams, and Working Groups.
- Supporting cross-cutting integration among ROOS, WGs, and TTs on scientific and technological aspects.
- Supporting the implementation of the EuroGOOS strategy and development of EOOS.
- Giving advice by identifying scientific gaps and addressing the scientific challenges in developing seamless modelling, monitoring and forecasting capacities, covering full-scale marine space, time and parameters, and serving public safety, blue growth, climate change adaptation, and ocean health services.
- Facilitating scientific gaps and cooperation with relevant external communities, e.g. marine environment, fishery, climate change, or commercial blue-growth sectors.
List of Members
- Jun She, Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI), Denmark
- Lucie Cocquempot, French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea (Ifremer), France
- Alejandro Orfila, Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies (IMEDEA), Spain
- Antonio Bonaduce, Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center (NERSC)
- Eric Jansen, Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Climate Change (CMCC),
- Ghada El Serafy, Deltares, Netherlands
- Giuseppe Civitarese, National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics (OGS), Italy
- Helene Frigstad, Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA), Norway
- Henning Wehde, Institute of Marine Research (IMR), Norway
- Jari Haapala, Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI), Finland
- Joanna Staneva, Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (HZG), Germany
- Julien Mader, AZTI, Spain
- Laura Beranzoli, National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV), Italy
- Manuel Ruiz Villareal, Spanish Institute of Oceanography (IEO), Spain
- Marco Marcelli, University of Tuscia, Italy
- Sara Morucci, Italian Institute for Environmental Protection and Research (ISPRA), Italy
- Sebastien Legrand, Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), Belgium
- Steffen Olsen, Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI), Denmark
- George Petihakis, Hellenic Centre for Marine Research (HCMR), Greece
- Joseph Nolan, Science Officer – Email