The EuroGOOS Science Advisory Working Group (SAWG) works to provide information and guidance on research priorities at National, regional, and pan-European levels. It helps translate these priorities into possible actions to be performed by EuroGOOS members, ROOS, Task Teams, and Working Groups.
- Supporting cross-cutting integration among ROOS, WGs, and TTs on scientific and technological aspects.
- Supporting the implementation of the EuroGOOS strategy and development of EOOS.
- Giving advice by identifying scientific gaps and addressing the scientific challenges in developing seamless modelling, monitoring and forecasting capacities, covering full-scale marine space, time and parameters, and serving public safety, blue growth, climate change adaptation, and ocean health services.
- Facilitating scientific gaps and cooperation with relevant external communities, e.g. marine environment, fishery, climate change, or commercial blue-growth sectors.
Map of Members
List of Members
- Jun She Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI)
- Lucie Cocquempot French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea (Ifremer)
- Alejandro Orfila Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies
- Antonio Bonaduce Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center (NERSC)
- Eric Jansen Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Climate Change (CMCC),
- Ghada El Serafy Deltares
- Giuseppe Civitarese National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics (OGS)
- Helene Frigstad Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA)
- Henning Wehde Institute of Marine Research
- Jari Haapala Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI)
- Joanna Staneva Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (HZG)
- Julien Mader FUNDACION AZTI – AZTI FUNDAZIOA
- Laura Beranzoli National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV)
- Manuel Ruiz Villareal Spanish Institute of Oceanography (IEO)
- Marco Marcelli University of Tuscia
- Sara Morucci ISPRA
- Sebastien Legrand Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS)
- Steffen OLSEN Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI)
- Ana-Lara Lopez, Science Officer – Email