The Ireland-Biscay-Iberia Regional Operational Oceanographic System (IBI-ROOS) aims to set up an operational oceanography organisation operated by participating partners from the 5 countries bordering the Iberia-Biscay Ireland Regional maritime area ( France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain and UK), collaborating to develop and implement ocean observing systems for the IBI-ROOS area, with delivery of real time operational data products and services.
The goals of IBI-ROOS are:
- Develop and implement online operational marine data and information services;
- Give a reliable description of the actual marine condition of the IBI area, including physical and ecosystem variables;
- Provide analysis, forecasts, and model based products describing the marine conditions;
- Establish a marine database from which time-series and statistical analyses can be obtained, including trends and changes in the marine environment, and the economic, environmental, and social impacts;
- Collaborate with national and multinational agencies in the IBI area to maximise the efficiency of the ocean observing system, and to maximise the value of the information products.