03/10/2023 - 05/10/2023
The EuroGOOS International Conference takes place every three years to take stock of the progress in the development of the oceanographic services for society. This milestone event is a meeting point for marine scientists, technologists, research managers, and the users of oceanographic services, including decision and policymakers, private sector, and citizens.
The anniversary edition of this event, its 10th Conference, EuroGOOS is dedicating to the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development 2021-2030. The event will discuss the key priorities for operational oceanography that can help us to get from the ocean we have to the ocean we want for our sustainable future.
The 10th EuroGOOS International Conference will facilitate dialogue, experience sharing, best practices, and future planning with international partners and stakeholders, towards a more coordinated response to global challenges and societal needs related to our seas and the global ocean.
Key priorities of the conference:
- Analysing the state of the art and defining emerging priorities in operational oceanography;
- Advancing the European Ocean Observing System Framework for the sustainability of in situ observations and European integration;
- Towards a seamless forecasting of the ocean;
- Strengthening the responsiveness of European operational oceanography to policy and governance needs;
- Fostering engagement of all users and stakeholders to co-design the European operational oceanography;
- Promoting diversity, equity and inclusiveness in oceanography and ocean science;
- Integrating European operational oceanography into the global context.
Read more about this edition’s themes and topics, programme, and call for abstracts on the conference website.
Galway Bay Hotel