Chair: Sylvie Pouliquen (Ifremer, France)
EuroGOOS DATAMEQ Working Group helps improving harmonization and integration of European marine data. To this end DATAMEQ WG works hand in hand with Copernicus Marine Service (CMEMS), SeaDataNet, EMODnet, JERICO Next and AtlantOS. The working group fosters links between real-time and historical data streams and works closely with EuroGOOS Task Teams.
According to its terms of reference, DATAMEQ WG works to:
- Develop an overall concept for the management of EuroGOOS observation data taking into consideration existing data management systems;
- Identify observations required for either in real-time or in delayed mode data;
- Propose the most effective ways to make observation data readily available for operational purposes;
- Propose mechanisms to ease access to delayed mode observation data in cooperation with National Oceanographic Data Centres (NODCs), keeping aware of the progress in SeaDataNet;
- Draft a minimum set of standards for data quality control which is related to observation data collection, processing and exchange procedures.
- Recommendations for enhancing Data Management Exchange and Quality for operational oceanography (2015) (459.2 KiB)
- Recommendations for a Pan-European data management system for operational oceanography (2010) (332.1 KiB)
- Recommendations for Real-Time Quality Control procedures for physical parameters (2010) (252.2 KiB)
- Recommendations for Real-Time Quality Control procedures for biogeochemical parameters (2015) (857.2 KiB)