EuroGOOS Technology Plan working group is building a functioning technology-relevant interface within the EuroGOOS framework.
The working group works to:
- Optimize collaboration and integration on technology and technical issues across the many observing system elements and communities at the European level, with an eye towards the future European Ocean Observing System (EOOS);
- Align observing elements with Essential Ocean Variable (EOV) requirements;
- Improve readiness levels for observed variables;
- Articulate and document best practices;
- Link with other international initiatives on similar topics.
The working group is engaged with relevant activities, among others, the AtlantOS project and the IOC/IODE/JCOMM Ocean Best Practices working group.
Working Group members:
- Rajesh Nair (OGS, Italy) – working group co-chair
- Laurent Delauney (Ifremer, France) – working group co-chair
- Stefania Sparnocchia (ISMAR-CNR, Italy)
- Henning Wehde (IMR, Norway)
- Urmas Lips (Tallin Technology Uni, Estonia)
- Marco Picone (ISPRA, Italy)
- Vicente Fernandez (EuroGOOS Office) – supporting the working group