15/03/2017 - 17/03/2017
The European Commission DG MARE and IOC UNESCO are jointly organising this event to take stock of the latest developments and to discuss how to achieve and accelerate successful Marine/Maritime Spatial Planning (MSP) worldwide.
Experts from Europe, North America, South Africa, Asia and Latin America will share their practical experiences of maritime spatial planning highlighting good practices and solutions. This three-day conference will enable experts to discuss, amongst others:
- Stakeholder engagement, illustrating wide ranging and innovative approaches to stakeholder participation;
- International targets promoting sustainable ocean governance and the role of MSP in dealing with those challenges – International cross-border MSP (Xiamen,The Coral Triangle, The Southern Ocean and Rhode Island);
- Application of the ecosystem approach;
- Effective monitoring and evaluation;
- Institutional capacity needs for adaptive management within MSP;
- Practical examples of ocean planning in areas beyond national jurisdictions.
EuroGOOS is organizing an exhibition stand to showcase the European ocean observing and data initiatives delivering information for maritime spatial planning.
Further information and registration are available on the event’s website