EuroGOOS has opened the position of the Secretary General, to take effect on or before 1 April 2020. This is a full-time position in the Secretariat of EuroGOOS in Brussels, Belgium.
Under the general authority of the EuroGOOS AISBL Executive Board of Directors the Secretary General will be responsible for the following:
- The day-to-day management and operation of the organisation, its office and personnel, including preparation of Members Meetings, Board Meetings, project contributions, conferences and workshops;
- Management of the EuroGOOS operating budget on behalf of the members and provide appropriate accounting and reports;
- Implementing policy and technical decisions taken by the Annual Meeting of Members and the EuroGOOS Board;
- Support EuroGOOS Working Groups, Task Teams and Regional Systems (ROOS);
- In conjunction with the EuroGOOS Executive board, improve the EuroGOOS position in the international political marine landscape;
- Representing EuroGOOS in matters relating to EuroGOOS strategy towards the EU, European organisations, GOOS and IOC, and serve as a contact point for these organisations to EuroGOOS;
- Supporting fund-raising efforts through preparation of proposals, arranging meetings, contacting potential donor organisations, etc;
- Oversee the promotion of EuroGOOS, operational oceanography and marine science via internet, brochures and publications;
- Maintaining communications among Members between meetings via regular progress reports, General Assembly, conferences and the EuroGOOS website.
- Proven experience with management in the field of operational oceanography and/or marine science;
- Demonstrated experience in operational oceanography and/or marine sciences (ideally both);
- Experience with international cooperation particularly within the EU landscape;
- Experience working with senior officials in governments, international organizations, and scientific institutions;
- Experience in developing and leading international projects, programmes or committees;
- Ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations within a multi-cultural environment; ability to work collaboratively to achieve organizational goals;
- Strong communications skills;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Demonstrated financial management skills;
- Demonstrated capability to work self-dependent with good analytical and problem solving ability;
- Good knowledge of the EuroGOOS organization.
Deadline for applications is 27 September 2019. Download the full job announcement: