The EuroGOOS Argo Task Team integrates the Euro-Argo ERIC into the EuroGOOS framework to mutually coordinate actions related to operational oceanography.
- Promote and contribute to the development of a European Ocean Observing System (EOOS).
- Promote and engage with new institutes and countries to extend Euro-Argo activity in Europe.
- Promote and contribute to the development of a state-of-the are and sustained in situ component in support of the Copernicus Marine Service.
- Promote the development of common operational data procedures and services, including data quality control and data management for operational oceanography in partnership with other observing systems.
- Promote the development of the scientific and technological means to carry out joint programs and concerted actions common to their respective areas.
MoU and the Statutes of the ERIC
Terms of Reference
List of Members
- Antonio Miguel Santos, Portuguese Institute for Sea and Atmosphere (IPMA), Portugal
- Griet Neukermans, University of Ghent, Belgium
- Alan Berry, Marine Institute (MI), Ireland
- Andreas Sterl, Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI), Netherlands
- Birgit Klein, Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH), Germany
- Emanuele Organelli, National Research Council of Italy (CNR), Italy
- Gerasimos Korres, Hellenic Centre for Marine Research (HCMR), Greece
- Giulio Notarstefano, National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics (OGS), Italy
- Guillaume Maze, French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea (Ifremer), France
- Kjell Arne Mork, Institute of Marine Research (IMR), Norway
- Laura Tuomi, Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI), Finland
- Luísa Lamas, Hydrographic Institute (IH), Portugal
- Marios Josephides, Department of Fisheries and Marine Research, Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment, Cyprus
- Matt Donnelly, Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) / British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC), United Kingdom
- Pedro Velez Belchi, Spanish Institute of Oceanography (IEO), Spain
- Sylvie Pouliquen, French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea (Ifremer), France
- Violeta Slabakova, Institute of Oceanology “Fridtjof Nansen” (IO-BAS), Bulgaria
- Thierry Carval, French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea (Ifremer), France
- Tülay Çokacar, Institute of Marine Science Management, Istanbul University, Turkey
- Waldemar Walczowski, Institute of Oceanology, Polish Academy of Sciences (IO-PAN), Poland
- Yann-Hervé de Roeck, Euro-Argo ERIC, France
- Joseph Nolan, Science Officer – Email