Abstract submission is now open for the 8th EuroGOOS International Conference, Operational Oceanography Serving Sustainable Marine Development, to take place in Bergen, Norway, from 3 to 5 October 2017.
Key priorities of the 2017 EuroGOOS conference are:
- Highlight the progress in linking and aligning European ocean observing stakeholders and initiatives towards building an integrated and sustained European Ocean Observing System (AtlantOS, INTAROS, and others);
- Highlight the progress made in integrating and aggregating European marine data to enhance its societal and economic potential (Copernicus Marine Service, EMODnet, SeaDataNet, and others);
- Identify community priorities regarding the evolution of the Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service;
- Evaluate the role of marine research infrastructures in the operational oceanographic system;
- Emphasise new initiatives under way for polar seas (observation and predictive capabilities);
- Explore some of the new technologies for coastal operational oceanography;
- Elaborate the role of acoustic technologies in the ocean observing system;
- Evaluate the ongoing efforts to integrate ocean observing and data initiatives at a global level, meeting the societal, policy and economic needs.
Abstract submission, registration and further information on the conference website