The EuroGOOS expert group on Ocean Literacy has been established to upscale the national efforts of the EuroGOOS members and contribute to broader Ocean Literacy efforts globally.
The EuroGOOS Ocean Literacy Platform will:
- Provide visibility and recognition of the members’ Ocean Literacy efforts at pan-European and global levels;
- Allow re-using, re-purposing, adapting or translating each other’s materials;
- Join efforts in collaborative projects or initiatives and help foster international partnerships;
- Contribute to the European role in international Ocean Literacy in link with the UN Ocean Decade’s developments.
The EuroGOOS Expert Group on Ocean Literacy brings together 12 experts from 7 countries and is facilitated by the EuroGOOS office.
- Dina Eparkhina, EuroGOOS Office, working group facilitator
- Paola Agostini, Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC), Italy
- Carolina Alonso, AZTI tecnalia, Spain
- Lucy Cox, National Oceanography Centre (NOC), UK
- Cushla Dromgool-Regan, Marine Institute, Ireland
- Mari Carmen García, Spanish Institute of Oceanography (IEO), Spain
- Elena Giusta, Italian Institute for Environmental Protection and Research (ISPRA), Italy
- Francesca Malfatti, National Institute of Oceanography and Experimental Geophysics (OGS), Italy
- Fabrice Messal, Mercator Ocean International, France
- Kelle Moreau, Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), Belgium
- Veronica Ortiz and Ana Bonilla, Balearic Islands Coastal Ocean Observing and Forecasting System (SOCIB), Spain
- Angela Pomaro, National Research Council (CNR), Italy
- Tymon Zieliński, Institute of Oceanology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IO-PAN), Poland