The workshop will take place on 11-12 October 2016 as part of ‘A Connected Ocean‘ Conference (ACO 2016) during the SeaTech Week. This workshop is organized in partnership by EuroGOOS and Seascape Consultants within the activities of the EU H2020 COLUMBUS project.
Tuesday 11 October 2016, 16:00-18:00
Interoperable marine data: What is the Blue Growth potential? (ACO 2016 Plenary Session 2) – starting at 14:00
- Marine Open Data in Europe: opportunities for industrial Blue Growth stakeholders
Vicente Fernandez, Science Officer, EuroGOOS (20′)
- User Perspectives
François Batifoulier, Project Manager, Open Ocean, France (20′)
Pieterjan Serruys, International Business Developer, dotOcean, Belgium (20′)
- Atlantic data integration through the EU AtlantOS project
Sylvie Pouliquen, Project Manager, Ifremer, France (20′)
- Discussion (40′)
Moderator: Jan-Bart Calewaert, Head of Secretariat, EMODnet
- End at 18:00
- Social programme: Welcome cocktail
Wednesday 12 October 2016, 09:00-12:30
The power of open-access interoperable marine data for the maritime sector: An untapped resource?
Moderator: Jonathan Williams, CEO, Marine South East, UK
- Introduction to the workshop objectives
Jonathan Williams, CEO, Marine South East, UK
- How can publicly funded marine information sharing initiatives develop to meet industry user needs? What are the specific needs of SMEs? What are the bottlenecks?
Stéphane Alain Riou, Deputy Director, Mer Bretagne Atlantique cluster, France
Pieterjan Serruys, International Business Developer, dotOcean, Belgium
- What are industrial applications of open access marine data? How to maximise uptake?
Oonagh McMeel, Knowledge Transfer Officer, EMODnet and COLUMBUS project
Vicente Fernandez, Science Officer, EuroGOOS
- How can observatories maximize stakeholder engagement with the private sector? How can test facilities engage effectively with users to maximize technological development and innovation in the marine and maritime sectors?
Ayoze Castro, R&D Manager, Plocan, Spain
Rogerio Chumbinho, Technical Project Manager, SmartBay Ireland
Claude Tremblay, Executive Director, St. Lawrence Global Observatory, Canada
- Summing up: How to enmesh users in the marine data value net, from data acquisition to exploitation?
What are the next steps to improve collaborations between public data initiatives and the private sector catalysing the conversion of information to innovation?
Back to the workshop page